Maguire Bid Takes Curious Turn?
Following on from Sheffield United's earlier statement on their official site that a new bid from Hull City had been 'reluctantly accepted' for Harry Maguire, Hull have now released a statement of their own.
Within the last hour Hull have said.
'Sheffield United rejected an offer from the club five days (Wednesday) ago for defender Harry Maguire. This was the club's final offer and we have since entered in discussions with other transfer targets.
'In light of Sheffield United's statement this morning the board will meet with manager Steve Bruce this afternoon to determine whether we now wish to pursue the transfer after the South Yorkshire club's apparent U-turn.'
As is common knowledge, we have made numerous offers for 21 year old Maguire and Sheffield United have made no secret of the fact that they didn't want him to leave.
So has their been a communication error somewhere along the lines here because it would seem strange for any type of U-turn to have been done when the player remains under contract with them.
Suppose we have to wait and see and see what's said next.
This site is looking for a new editor but would also like your blogs, so if a fan can offer us a genuine opinion from someone that supports Hull City we would love to share it with the masses!
To email your own unique article/blog for publishing ***CLICK HERE***
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.